High Peak Handyman is a domestic and garden maintenance company based in the High Peak area. Offering a range of services including hedge trimming, lawn mowing, garden clearance, painting and light electrical and plumbing work. See below for a list of example work that can be undertaken - this is not comprehensive, please don't hesitate to get in touch to discuss your requirements.
- Interior walls and ceilings - Bare plaster - Internal Doors and Window Frames - Skirting Boards - Tile grouting
- Fitting draught excluders - Loft insulation
- Changing light bulbs - Replacing sockets / switches - Replacing light fittings - Changing lamps - Fitting CCTV - Arial signal boosters / sockets - Telephone / Ethernet extensions
- Toilet cisterns - Leaks - Blockages - Plastic piping - Copper compression fittings - Radiators - Bathroom and Kitchen sealing
- Picture, Curtain rail and Television Hanging - Storage solutions - installation of shelving - Flat pack furniture - collection and assembly - Cat flap installation
- Sheds, Fences, Woodwork - Metal railings - External Doors and Window Frames
- Decking and Patio cleaning - Clearance - Grass cutting - Hedge trimming - Strimming - Tidyup of leaves
- Most unskilled activities (within reason)
- Snow (clearing and gritting of small areas) - Construction of sheds and childrens play equipment - Guttering - clearing and repairing
Pricing starts from £20 per hour. Minimum charge £40
Larger jobs will be quoted for separately – please contact me for a free estimate and to arrange an onsite visit if required.
All materials will be charged at retail cost + 10% handling/collection fee.
Any materials must be paid up front as a deposit; once the materials have been purchased it may not be possible for High Peak Handyman to refund all or part of the deposit.
All invoices must be paid within 30 days of the invoice date.
Whaley Bridge, Kettleshulme, Pott Shrigley, Disley, New Mills, Hayfield, Buxton, Furness Vale, Glossop
Hello, my name is Richard Sentance – the High Peak Handyman, a domestic and gardening services business newly established in 2016.
Whether it’s a lightbulb on the stairs you’re struggling to change, your latest IKEA purchase you need help assembling, or a 2 mile perimeter fence that needs painting, I’m your man. I am here to assist you with a variety of maintenance and DIY tasks, see the Services section for a comprehensive list. If a task is not listed please do not hesitate to ask. If anything is beyond me or I do not possess the correct qualifications I will always tell you upfront and advise where I can.
Many years ago I was working as an usher at a cinema and began helping out with the maintenance of the building, until I realised I was doing more maintenance than the cinema maintenance guy! I eventually took over and also started training as an electrician part time. I then progressed into management as I found it tough to find experience in the electrical industry as a mature student and due to the decline in recruitment during the recession. While continuing to work full time I also started renovating houses on the side and realised that my passion was in maintenance – I thrive on the fact I get the opportunity to do completely different tasks every day for different people and get job satisfaction in seeing a job well done. Based on my experience so far I decided to set up High Peak Handyman to assist people in my local area.
I have strong principles when it comes to work, I believe that being reliable and trustworthy is vital to be able to fit seamlessly into people’s hectic lifestyles. I have some availability in the evening and at weekends to fit in with your schedule – please get in touch!
I have £2 million liability insurance, in the very unlikely event that something should go wrong. I am insured to work on both domestic and light commercial buildings.
As this is a newly established business I hope you find my pricing and your quote very realistic and competitively priced to reflect this. Please feel free to contact me here for more details.
City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Electrotechnical Technology Installation (Buildings and Structures)
High Peak Handyman LTD,
9 Hawthorn Close,
Mobile number: 07564 733831